Friday 13 June 2014

Travel Diary : Seoul Day 2


Good Morning Seoul!!! Oh it feels like yesterday... I still remember that great feeling when I woke up on our second day in Seoul. We kick started our day with our mandatory couple photos and a quick breakfast at Crown Bakery.



matchy matchy outfits

Our overlooking view outside the cafe/bakery :D
nearest convenience store where we got our ramyun fix
cute Mr. Potato

He was so excited to visit Bukchon Hanok Village that he forgot me. 


...good thing he remembered me or else its the end of the world bwahaha.

Happy to be walking on the streets of Seoul on this very nice weather.  La la la la its just perfect I that I wanted to stop the time.



It took a while before we reached Bukchon Hanok Village. We were kinda lost for some time but, really I don't mind getting lost if this would be our view.




super love this structure



At last we reached our goal destination, tadah presenting Bukchon Hanok Village. I super love the whole vibe and feel on this place. The roofs and the bricks are simply beautiful I wish I can own one :D .








After seeing the beauty of traditional houses we decided to see Unhyeongung Palace. Unhyeongung palace was formerly the residence Prince Regent Daewon-gun, ruler of Korea during the Joseon Dynasty in the 19th century, and father of Emperor Gojong. Gojong himself also lived in this residence until age 12 when he assumed the throne (from Wikipedia). 



reenactment of Civil Servant Exam




We did not took much time touring the place because its not big, I think you can check the whole place for just 25-30 minutes. We were so lucky to have witnessed the preparation of the reenactment of Joseon Civil Servant Exam it feels like we were transported back in time seeing old men dress in a traditional wear with their very thick books.

I am ending my post here because it will be lengthy if I continue the rest of what we did on our Day 2. Hope you enjoy this one.

P.S. You can check this video by sweetandtasty for a tour inside the palace. Enjoy!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment