Friday 5 July 2013

OOTD : rocker glam

Last two weeks ago (June 22, 2013) I attended Asia Style Collection @ Expo. The event was one of the biggest fashion and music concert this year in Singapore. It was one event that I won't ever forget and I will treasure for the rest of my life as that was the first time I ever attended a fashion show (finally!!!). 

I will post the details of the event on my later post, be sure to check it out as I took a photo of the performances of Thelma Aoyama, Mai Kuraki, SNSD and the love of my life 2ne1 plus runway outfits from Tokyo Girls Collection, K-Pop Collection and styleXstyle Collection. But, for now let us talk about my outfit on that day. 

I went for black and white theme but to give my outfit a little drama I chose a top with two powerful prints (stripe and flower prints). When I first saw this top at H&M store I immediately grab it and went straight to the cashier without going to the fitting room to try it on as it screams my style and its just so lovely. I paired it with black skater skirt and added silver accessories, hot pink clutch, polka dots socks and my brown low cut boots/ old school men's shoes (I don't know how to classify them but kinda Dr. Martens style). 





There is another reason behind my outfit its a combo of Japanese and Korean style. The upper part was inspired by Korean style while the lower part was derived from Japanese style. Based on the koreanovelas I watched the style of clothes they wear are sophisticated and classic but with little cuteness in it while on the other hand Japanese style is more about fun and playful uniqueness. The above statements are just based on my observations but hopefully I got and portrayed them correctly on my #ootd. 











Please share your comments below on what you think about this look.

Details:

Top :- Black & Whitelong sleeves with stripes and flower prints from H&M
Bottom :- Black skater skirt from H&M
Bag :- Hot pink clutch from H&M
Accessories :- Necklace from Cotton On
Accessories :- Hello Kitty shades (without glasses :))
Accessories :- Bracelets (spikes and skull) from Tomato, Forever21 and GMarket
Accessories :- Zigzag black ring from Cotton On
Accessories :- Eye earrings from FemmeX
Shoes :- Brown low cut boots from random shop in AMK hub and socks from Daiso



No comments :

Post a Comment